Monday 31 March 2014

iPad Application : Rattlesnakes

iPad Application : Rattlesnakes


      At first I thought that this application was taking forever to load. After I had touched the iPad screen purple words began to pop-up. Once I had finished tapping the screen the poem loads and appears line by line moving from left to right. There are various letter sizes ranging from smallest, medium and Large. These sizes appear in no specific order. Another feature is that the oldest lines fade as they scroll across the screen. This application provides a great reading experience however there is no creative element since the user is not making anything new.



<http://a3.mzstatic.com/us/r30/Purple6/v4/d5/5b/a2/d55ba27c-28e8-40eb-ac21-dbbe1449b673/screen568x568.jpeg/>

1 comment:

  1. I find it interesting that someone went through the trouble to make a poetry app about snakes. Its clever that they used repeating lines and letters to make it seem like the snake is telling the poem. This App brings out my fear of snakes, by personifying them in the text. I agree with you Mike that this app could become a bit boring because the user is not able to create their own new poems. I

    ReplyDelete